My Views on the SCA

Thoughts and opinions about the SCA. Including rants, raves and reviews. General notes on my SCAdian life.

My Photo
Name:

(SCA Persona)-- A Jute, born in the great and fine lands of Juzki (Jutland), I was raised to be a metalsmith but learned to wage battle to protect my home lands. As life went on I saw a need to go forth and crush those that would someday try to take our lands. Now I live by my sword and get paid in plunder. It is a fitting life.. My the gods look down on me with favor. Hearing news of an army from the south advancing north, I and fellow kinsmen took to the ships. We sailed south and west along the coast and down the Elbe. We joined with the armies to push back the advancing Romans. For many years I fought as a mercenary against Rome. With plenty of gold, weapons and armor taken from my enemies I took back to the ship. Sailing from Gaul I made my way north to the island of Britian where I met the people of the crow. Clanne Preachain took me in as one of their own and by their side is where I fought for many years. One day I may find myself in my homelands but for now life is good. I have even married a woman of Anglesey, but she is from a land north of my homelands. She came by way of ship to ply her trade with the spear. Now I fight by her side and with her people.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sapphire Joust

Well, we went to Sapphire Joust. It was going to be my first tourney fighting. We got a little later start then we planned because I had to make poles for our two new wedge tents. This should not have slowed us up to much but I did not count on the lines at Home Depot. So, we get there sometime after 1:30 and we were finished setting up by 3:00am. Sorry to whom ever was camping next to us.

When I woke up at 8:30 I had no energy to get into armor so, it became a non-fighting event for me. Oona left her armor at home because her son wanted to bring a friend and something had to stay behind. We had fun visiting and taking photos. And even the showers were entertaining thanks to the couple on the other side of the wall. Not that anything was going on in there we were just making jokes toward each other.

All in all a fun event and Oona even shopped at Crafty Celts. I know big surprise. It is always good to run into Vortigern when you don't expect it.
Enough talk... Check out the pics....http://oona-ondraedan.smugmug.com/gallery/2913925#156945959

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home