My Views on the SCA

Thoughts and opinions about the SCA. Including rants, raves and reviews. General notes on my SCAdian life.

My Photo
Name:

(SCA Persona)-- A Jute, born in the great and fine lands of Juzki (Jutland), I was raised to be a metalsmith but learned to wage battle to protect my home lands. As life went on I saw a need to go forth and crush those that would someday try to take our lands. Now I live by my sword and get paid in plunder. It is a fitting life.. My the gods look down on me with favor. Hearing news of an army from the south advancing north, I and fellow kinsmen took to the ships. We sailed south and west along the coast and down the Elbe. We joined with the armies to push back the advancing Romans. For many years I fought as a mercenary against Rome. With plenty of gold, weapons and armor taken from my enemies I took back to the ship. Sailing from Gaul I made my way north to the island of Britian where I met the people of the crow. Clanne Preachain took me in as one of their own and by their side is where I fought for many years. One day I may find myself in my homelands but for now life is good. I have even married a woman of Anglesey, but she is from a land north of my homelands. She came by way of ship to ply her trade with the spear. Now I fight by her side and with her people.

Friday, April 10, 2009

The hell that is getting a registered SCA name (Part 2)

So, a year ago I started trying to register a name and device. Well because of Atlantia rules I have yet been able to submit it because every thing I present to the Herald and signed off on before I send it in. I am going to try one last time then I am throwing in the towel. I am tired of people with limited knowledge forcing their opinions on me. They may know more about mainstream period heraldry but for the time period and culture I am trying to portray I am miles ahead but they want me to keyhole it into their narrow set of rules and ideas. Shocking, I know........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home